Happy New Year! Welcome in the year of the Rooster with this Gluten Free Prawn Toast recipe.
I particularly enjoy these with sweet chili dipping sauce and gluten free sweet and sour chicken, or why not try with my gluten free pad thai?
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5-10 minutes|
- 100 g King Prawns
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Ginger
- Sesame Seeds for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil for frying
- 1 tsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 slices Gluten Free Bread
- Preheat grill
- Heat the sesame seed oil in a frying pan
- Lightly fry the spring onions and prawns with the garlic, pepper, ginger and soy
- Lightly toast your bread
- Blitz in a food processor with the egg (you could chop by hand and then mix in the egg)
- Slice bread in half (to make two triangles), and lay on a baking tray
- Generously spread the prawn paste onto the bread
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds
- Cook under a hot grill to 6-10 minutes - until they are starting to brown
- Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce!
If you want to make it more authentic to the Chinese restaurant – but also less healthy! – then you could always shallow fry these in a little oil. Start face down and fry for a minute or so, then flip over for another minute. You might need an extra minute on the prawn side to make sure it's cooked through and nicely browned.
You might need two or three slices of bread depending on the size of the loaf; gluten free bread is often a little smaller.