A creamy gluten free ham and leek gratin with plenty of cheese!
After investigating the “Dine-In” selection at our local supermarket and seeing that the majority were full of gluten I decided to pick my favourite and make it at home, just as delicious! I avoided using cream in this recipe to keep the calories down but for a real treat I would replace the milk with cream and also add cream to the sauce.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 400 g Potatoes thinly sliced
- 90 g Cream Cheese
- 1 Leek sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 10 Mushrooms chopped
- 100 g Sliced Ham
- 30 g Pecorino cheese grated
- 30 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 30 g Cheddar cheese grated
- 125 g Mozarella cheese
- 100 mL Milk
- 2 Tsp Cornflour
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C/Gas 4/350°F
- In a frying pan lightly fry the onions, mushrooms and the leek
- Thinly slice the potato
- Add the cream cheese to the frying pan and stir
- Make a cornflour paste with the cornflour and a small amount of the milk. Add to the frying pan to thicken the sauce.
- Add the rest of the milk, pecorino, parmesan and cheddar cheese (leave a little of the cheddar for on top of the gratin)
- Add the ham to the frying pan, give the contents a good stir so that all the cheese is melted in.
- Add the mix to an oven proof dish.
- Cover the dish contents with the sliced potato - I drizzled a little milk on the potatoes while adding them - and then slices of the mozarella plus the additional grated cheddar.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes - check the potatoes are cooked using a sharp knife before serving.
You could make this dish with a traditional roux sauce, if you do that you can miss out the cream cheese and cornflour steps.