An ideal midweek dinner of chicken with chorizo and potatoes.
Once you’ve prepared the ingredients this dinner can be pretty much left to look after itself, with just an occasional stir, leaving you to do something more exciting (for me this week it was cleaning the house while waiting for Tom to come home from work).
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 pepper
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100 g chorizo
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7/425ºF
- Rub the chicken with some of the oil and place in an over proof dish
- Chop the onion, pepper and chorizo into chunks, half the potatoes and add to the oven proof dish (if the potatoes are particularly small there's no need to cut them)
- Sprinkle over the olive oil and oregano and mix well
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, stir then cook for a further 30 minutes. The chorizo should release lots of lovely juices that you want to make sure is spread over the other ingredients when you stir.
When I made this I used leftover chicken from our Sunday roast, I found that I needed to stir the ingredients a couple of extra times to make sure that the chicken didn't dry out.